Sunday, March 14, 2010

What are three songs you like that remind you of a particular part of your life (i.e., H.S., first apartment, a job, a summer)?

Annie Benjamin's "Life's Blessings" reminds me of a night when she asked me and some mutual friends to join her on stage and sing the chorus at a Deep Ellum club. I sang off key & was terrible but it was one of the more happy and memorable nights of my life. Courtney Fairchild's "7-9 Central" reminds me of traffic on Central Expressway cuz I liked to play that song over and over while I was stuck in traffic (back when I still had a car). Kristy Kruger's "Singing To The Cakes" reminds me of a time in my life when I lost a job in talk radio and felt lower than low cuz it was like I was never gonna be rich and famous cuz I just don't have what it takes. I admire and respect those who sing to the cakes not because they want to be rich and famous but because it's not about that at all. You do what you do cuz it's who you are and it's what you do and that's beautiful.

Ask me anything

No comments: