Monday, April 18, 2011

I love this response! I just watched the news and read the paper, so this response really made my day! so I'm sharing it.. thx @LindaHNH ~~~~>Q: "Do you believe there's intelligent life on other planets? Ans: Compared to Earth?

I do not believe there is intelligent life on other planets. I don't believe anything. I have reviewed the evidence and the probabilities and I think it's likely. That's not a belief, but it's not a fact either. It's an hypothesis based on available data. I also think the odds that mankind will ever encounter aliens are not good. We live in an expanding universe. Everything outside the Milky Way is further away from us every day. Even the milky way itself is slowly drifting apart. Our moon is a tiny fraction of distance away from us than it was yesterday. And the universe is so big, if there were say thirty planets in this galaxy that have Life As We Know It, we're so far apart from one another the odds of encountering each other are extremely remote. Those odds grow lower every year as the universe continues to expand. So regardless of whether or not we're alone in the universe, chances are we'll never be able to confirm it.

Ask me anything

No comments: